The Terrifically Terrible Two

The Terrifically Terrible Two
Powered by Blogger.

The Moe-ster

The Moe-ster

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Banana Splits United


Ashley and I have had, in the last 5 months, a relationship suprisingly devoid of disagreement. However, when it came to deciding what makes a good banana split, we ran face to face with the following debate. Vote today to let us know who appreciates the yummier banana split.


Ashley's Banana Split:


  • Traditional
  • Must have Chocolate, Vanilla or Strawberry ice-cream
  • No other ice - cream is acceptable
  • Other ingredients - sugary stuff, fruit stuff, nuttiness, whip -cream and chocolate syrup

(Picture randomly selected from Google Images)


Pete's Banana Split:


  • Any ice-cream is fine (this one, for example, is made with butter pecan)
  • Other ingredients include:
  • Walnuts
  • Peanuts
  • Pecans
  • Coconut
  • Malt Balls
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Chocolate Syrup

(Banana split created in the Bontorno kitchen, and eaten quickly afterwards)

Basically: Ashley say's you have to have specific ingredients to make a banana split. Pete says you scroung up whatever's in the cupboard with nuts, chocolate or sugar in it and dump it on a banana. Who's banana split would you rather eat? Click reply and let us know.

9 comments:

Pricing Guide said...

Sorry Ashley, the Bontorno in me sides with the haphazard conglomerate.

Michelle said...

I must go with Ash's traditional composition. My only question is do you actually eat them Ash??!

Lorri said...

After much consideration, I have to say I support Ashley's classic banana split. Some traditions just shouldn't be broken.

Johari said...

Pete, you lost my vote with the malt balls. Their chocolate coating is the kind that turns waxy in your mouth, instead of melting into the other fruity, chocolaty, whipped creamy delightful blend essential when calling a concoction a "banana split." I can see yours as a dessert offering at TGIFridays, though. I predict you may have further disagreements associated with food texture preferences. You like to chew your way through (butter PECAN, chocolate CHIPS, malt BALLS), while Ash relaxes and is carried away by currents of flowing, blending, surprising mouthfuls. Hhhmmmm....you can't think of anything else this relates to in your relationship, can you? Nah, must be just a food thing. -Connie

julinhachr said...

I love Banana splits in general. Both banana splits look yummy, but I often use many topings, marshmellows, chocolate chips,etc. and one of my favorite ice creams is the green chocolate chip mint with bananas. So even though I do enjoy a good traditional banana split I must agree with Peter...anything goes.
-Julie

Megan Garner said...

I have to side with Ashley on this one. A banana split is what it is. Once you start adding other candy to it, you've created a whole new dessert. The traditional kind is the real deal, which makes it the best tasting medley of goodness ever!

Pat and Julie said...

I have to side with Peter on this one. A banana split is exactly what the title says; a banana and a split (of any ice cream and whatever else you want to throw on top). Mmmmmmm...banana splits. I think I need one now. - Pat

Andy & Greisy Ogzewalla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Yes, I would love a banana split, but you have to split the banana!