The Terrifically Terrible Two

The Terrifically Terrible Two
Powered by Blogger.

The Moe-ster

The Moe-ster

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Royal Flush Dethroned


Here I am dressed to impress. While Ashley was a traveling in California I decided it would be fun to take the toilet apart. So armed with some bleach and my new Christmas present: a crescent wrench, I went to work.


This is the toilet. Don't let it's cool looks betray it's temperment. She's a mighty resilient toilet.



So with having received thorough instructions from my Dad on what to expect I disconnected her from the floor. Yes, I shut off the water first, but inevitably water got everywhere. Unfortunately, the job was too messy for me to continue taking pictures of myself. But basically I flushed all the water I could from the water closet, then plunged as much as I could from the trap. The day before I'd bought a beeswax gasket. I had a mug nife with me and a bucket. My biggest mistake was choosing a bucket with holes in the bottom. To anyone who may feel inspired by this blog to remove their toilet I recommend choosing a bucket with no holes in the bottom.

I unscrewed the waterline connection point at the toilet. Then removed the nuts from the bolts that hold the toilet in the floor.

With a mighty heave I lifted the toilet from it's happy base and put it aside. In the drain I found nothing. Just a clean white pipe descending into the abyss. After snaking and finding no obstructions I decided I'd have to operate on the toilet. With much difficulty I turned it upside down and found the culprit in the toilet line.


I thought they made these things aerodynamic so they could flush easily. Apparantly not. After a 3 week absence Light Blue decided to return to his owner.

The easy part being done I now continue on stage three of Operation Bathroom Cleaning: a 3 day operation.


And for your enjoyment: try out our interactive toilet flusher below - it's a blast.

1 comment:

Andy & Greisy Ogzewalla said...

This was too funny, Pete good job finding Ashley's cell phone.