The Terrifically Terrible Two

The Terrifically Terrible Two
Powered by Blogger.

The Moe-ster

The Moe-ster

Friday, May 31, 2013

Oh Beautiful For Heroes Proved


Hi everybody ~ My little brother Milo (who claims "I big, Myna little!") and I, we have a lot to be thankful for. Besides a perfect day for a parade, we have a beautiful country, men and women who have worked and fought to protect our freedoms, fellow countrymen who love our nation, a God who prospers us in this land, and a whole day of fun every last Monday in May!



Here we are waiting for the Glens Falls Memorial Day Parade to begin!
We didn't get any pictures of veterans, but there they are!
Milo and I were quite impressed at the breadth of this small town parade - it was 45 minutes long! (oh, and Milo says the most important part was that there were over 25 fire rescue vehicles) Mom says the most important part was learning that Milo could sit still for 45 minutes! (who knew it would only take a never-ending supply of fire engines, an equally numbered concourse of wiener dogs, and some Boy Scouts singing Christmas Carols while marching to grab this 2 year old's attention)
Milo and Daddy liked waving at the Veterans - and the Veterans liked waving back.
I was too shy to wave, but I wore a pretty poppy to show them my support.
I had to ask Mommy why that man was "all wrapped-up in that instrument."
Me, well, I liked the marching bands and the lollipop that a nice girl on a bus threw out to me.
Still, checking out the fire engines . . .

After the parade, we listened to our Senator talk and heard an orchestra play the anthems of all the armed  forces. Mommy only cried once. She said she was happy though. I guess this fun day makes American people so happy they cry. I cried, but only because my lollipop was gone.
I got a bit restless during the speeches and this is what happened instead of solemn reverence.
But, we had fun and enjoyed our lives and remembered our duty to our country and those who have given much for us, and isn't that what all those veterans fought for? I think so. And, I'm just three.
Here's our Family Home Evening lesson: The Pledge of Allegiance. This is Milo's second try at covering his heart - the first attempt was more like hand-on-belly-button.
I found my heart and could repeat all the words. "Did you know I can say America? I can. I'm big and can say 'America.'"


1 comment:

Andy & Greisy Ogzewalla said...

Milo you were still for 45 minutes that it's amazing because Max can not be still for 2 minutes..Myna and Milo both are looking so big..we are very happy that we will see you in a week..

p.s. thank you Myna for you comment about the tutu..when you come we all we wear tutus..what do you think?